Monday, September 25, 2017

HBC Troubles: Scott's "Difficult and Sad Goodbye"

On the heels of Rod's last Sunday, we got this at 10:00am. Another elder, gone? What on earth was going on at this church?


To my dear Delta Flock,

I write today with a broken and heavy heart and a crushed spirit to say goodbye. Effective immediately I have resigned my position as elder at HBC.


It has been a true privilege and an incredible blessing for me to have been your shepherd over these past 3 years. We have laughed together, cried together, and grown together in our love and care for one-another. It has been a blessing to teach you and to come alongside you as we have pursued Christ together.

It is impossible for me to even find words to express the joy you have brought us through your love and support. Teresa and I are so very grateful for your prayers for us, our family and our ministry. You have loved us in many tangible ways. And it has been a constant encouragement to me as I have seen you grow and mature in Christ, demonstrated in part by your practice of the "one-anothers" within both our community and the entire body of Christ at HBC.

I would ask that you continue to lift us up in your prayers as we seek to know the Lord's will for us regarding future worship and ministry decisions.

Be steadfast, immovable and always abounding in the work of the Lord.

With much love in Christ,

Pastor Scott 

No comments:

Post a Comment